The average profile of the average participant in the Parents’ Associations is female, Spanish, 45 years old and with medium or higher education. This is one of the main data that can be extracted from the report drawn up by the Foundation’s Training and Participation area.
The presentation ceremony took place at the SH Boutique Hotel in Valencia with representatives of the AMPAs and the media. At the press conference, the most relevant data of the study and some proposals for improvement in those areas where shortcomings have been found were presented.
There has been an error in the dissemination of data on gender distribution in the presidency of the Board. The sample data shows 30% men and 70% women in the presidency, which contrasts with the percentage of men who are members of an AMPA, only 14%. The 70% of men in the presidency reported in the news is within gender. That is to say, *70% of the men who participate in the Board hold the position of president, and the remaining 30% hold the other positions*, such as the board of trustees or the treasurer’s office.
Therefore, the AMPAs of the Valencian Community *are not presided over by 70% men*, but there is a disproportion between the percentage of male members of the AMPAs and the percentage of men in the presidency, 14% compared to 30%.